Circuit training is one of the most effective workout formats (not to mention are SO much fun!) + as a trainer and fitness guru myself, I love it!
**I will be making an entire post about the science of circuit training later this week.
Quick summary of what circuit training offers:
Keeps your muscles guessing what's coming next
Burns some major fat
Boosts your metabolism
Keeps every workout fun + unique
Endless options of mixing + matching exercises
Short, sweet, and to the point workouts for when you're short on time
Makes you feel super strong + sweaty :)
What's not to love, right?!
FULL BODY BLAST CIRCUIT
So here is your FULL BODY BLAST CIRCUIT workout of the week with video instructions. This will leave no muscle (including your heart) untouched + boost your metabolism for the rest of your day!
Power Push Up
Med Ball Burpees
Do each exercise for 0:50 seconds with 0:10 rest between. Repeat after each round of the below full body circuit-
FULL BODY CIRCUIT:
20 Walking lunge-twist
15 Chest Press
15 Underhand Row
12 One Arm Bicep Curl to Press (each side)
12 Tricep Dip to Hip extension
1:00 Plank Up-Down
Repeat 2-4 times!
**No weights? Use some water bottles, canned food, or anything else you have lying around! Anything is possible, anywhere!
CARDIO BLAST VIDEOS
You can do this with or without weights. Make sure to keep your core tight, back straight, and knees high.
1. No weights
2. Marching (no hop)
Power Push Up
Drive your knee towards your chest and keep your core tight. You should feel a crunch!
1. Remove "power" and do a normal push up
2. Push up on knees in plank position
3. Push up in table-top position
4. Push up on an elevated surface
Med Ball Burpees
This is a major core burner! Make sure to grip the med ball tight to maintain balance. CONTROL is key to this exercise.
1. Take out jumps to walk out to plank, in to squat, and stand up
2. Lose the med ball and do normal burpees
FULL BODY CIRCUIT VIDEOS
Walking lunge- twist
The key to this exercise is to maintain good form of your lunge. Keep your core tight and knees behind your toes for this entire exercise.
1. Drop the med ball and use only body weight
2. Remove the "twist" and focus on walking lunges
3. Remove the "extension" before dropping into your lunge and alternate lunges.
Move from a right angle with palms facing forward and push straight up. You can do this at home too on the ground or any flat surface you have!
1. Use a chest press machine instead of free weights
2. Lay flat on ground for more control at the bottom of the exercise
Keeping your back straight and core tight is EXTREMELY important during this exercise. Pull back with your back/shoulder blades, not your arms. Keep your shoulders relaxed and away from your ears.
1. Sit on a chair/bench and follow same instructions
2. Drop weights all together and practice squeezing your shoulder blades together in this same motion
One Arm Bicep Curl to Press
This is a classic combination exercise of a bicep curl to a shoulder press. Keep your elbow close to your waist for the curl, flip your palm to face forward, and push up to a shoulder press.
1. Sit down on a bench or chair to protect your lower back
2. Do both arms at the same time to maintain balance
3. Drop weights all together and practice the motion
Tricep Dip to Hip Extension
This is a more advanced tricep dip exercise. Focus on keeping your shoulders away from your ears and wrists strong. For the hip extension, keep your core tight.
1. Bring your feet closer and bend knees for extra support/less weight on your triceps
2. Remove hip extension and focus on tricep dip
This is an advanced plank variation. Focus on your core and keeping it tight as you move your upper body from hands to forearms.
1. Hold plank on hands or forearms
2. Drop to your knees and maintain plank position + full exercise
3. Drop to tabletop position and maintain exercise
Go get your move on and feel strong + confident, no matter what! :)